luni, 15 februarie 2010

A horse is poetry in motion


When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes. William Shakespeare, Henry V.

Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for Himself. Author Unknown


The air of Heaven is that wich blows between a horse's ears. Arabian Proverb

I bless the hoss from hoof to head -
From head to hoof, and tale to mane! -
I bless the hoss, as I have said,
From head to hoof, and back again!
James Whitcomb Riley

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Winston Churchill

My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder
He carries me away from all my fears
And when the world threatens to fall asunder
His mane is there to wipe away my tears.
Bonnie Lewis

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. Pam Brown

The horses paw and prance and neigh,
Fillies and colts like kittens play,
And dance and toss their rippled manes
Shining and soft as silken skeins;...
Oliver Wendell Holmes

If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong. Pat Parelli

The hooves of horses!
Oh! witching and sweet
Is the music earth steals from the iron-shod feet;
No whisper of lover, no trilling of bird,
Can stir me as much as hooves of horses
Have stirred.
Will H. Ogilvie

A horse is poetry in motion. Author Unknown

2 comentarii:

Lexa Verzes spunea...

Cat de frumoase sunt versurile!

Si mie imi plac caii, mai ales cand merg prin apa sau zapada. :)

PS: Mi-am schimbat adresa blogului, te rog mult sa inlocuiesti in blogroll, vechea adresa de la "CharmBracelet" cu noua adresa, adica http://www.lexaverzes.ro/

Multumesc!

Flavia spunea...

Da, versurile sunt minunate. Reflecta foarte bine legatura aceasta speciala care s-a format intre om si cal de-a lungul secolelor.

P.S. S-a modificat. Inca o data felicitari!